Tammi F. Dice, Interim Dean
Lamar Reams , Interim Associate Dean, Professional Studies & Research
Maggie Barber, Associate Dean, Educator Preparation
The Darden College of Education and Professional Studies offers the Master of Science (M.S.), Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed.), Educational Specialist (Ed.S.), and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees in the following broad concentrations and areas. More complete information is found on the following department web pages:
- Counseling Ph.D. Concentration, Ed.S, M.S.Ed.
- Special Education Ph.D. Concentration, M.S.Ed.
- Autism (Certificate)
- Applied Behavior Analysis (Certificate)
- Speech-Language Pathology, M.S.
- Educational Leadership Ph.D. Concentration, Ed.S., M.S.Ed.
- Community College Leadership, Ph.D.
- Community College Leadership (Certificate)
- Higher Education Ph.D. Concentration, Ed.S., M.S.Ed.
- Educational Psychology and Program Evaluation Ph.D. Concentration
- Exercise Science, M.S.
- Physical Education, M.S.Ed.
- Adapted Physical Education Concentration
- Curriculum and Instruction Concentration
- Coaching Education Concentration
- Initial Virginia Licensure in Health & Physical Education Concentration
- Sport Management, M.S.
- Park, Recreation, and Tourism Studies, M.S.
- Adapted Physical Education (Certificate)
- Human Movement Science, Ph.D. Concentration
- Sport and Recreation Management Emphasis
- Applied Kinesiology Emphasis
- Health and Sport Pedagogy Emphasis
- Instructional Design and Technology, Ph.D. Concentration; M.S.Ed. Elementary Education, Instructional Design and Technology Emphasis; M.S.Ed. Secondary Education, Instructional Design and Technology Emphasis, Graduate Certificate in Human Performance Technology, and Graduate Certificate in Education and Training in Modeling & Simulation
- Master of Library and Information Studies
- Occupational and Technical Studies, Ph.D. Concentration; Ed.S.; Occupational and Technical Studies M.S., Business and Industry Training Concentration,
- Early Childhood Education, M.S.Ed.
- Curriculum and Instruction, Ph.D. Concentration
- Curriculum and Instruction, Ph.D. Concentration, Literacy Leadership Emphasis
- Curriculum and Instruction, Ph.D. Concentration, Early Childhood Education Emphasis
- Reading, M.S.Ed.
- Elementary Education, M.S.Ed. (Pre-K-6, Middle/School (6-8)
- Secondary Education, M.S.Ed. (6-12 Initial licensure; English, mathematics, Earth science, chemistry, biology, physics, history/social studies)
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), M.S.Ed
The Darden College of Education and Professional Studies is comprised of the following departments:
- Communication Disorders and Special Education;
- Counseling and Human Services;
- Educational Foundations and Leadership;
- Human Movement Sciences;
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education and Professional Studies; and
- Teaching & Learning.
The Darden College of Education and Professional Studies is committed to excellence in teaching, scholarly activities, and service. The college strives to meet the needs of the community while maintaining national and international prominence and is dedicated to preparing distinguished professionals who are leaders in their field. The college fulfills its mission through its undergraduate and graduate programs in the fields of education, counseling and human services, exercise science, athletic training, sport management, recreation, training, fashion, communication sciences and disorders, and instructional and industrial technology, as well as its continuing education activities.